Fort Stevens, (1863-1947) named for General Isaac Stevens, was constructed by the U.S. Army toward the end of the Civil war and remained active through World War II. The fort was built to protect the North against an English invasion from Canada, should the British join the Confederate side.
Port Gamble’s Masonic Lodge was established in 1858. The group initially met above the general store, which burned around 1867. It was built in 1871–1872 to resemble the original store building. It is the oldest surviving Masonic lodge building in Washington, and remains active today.
Saint Ignatius Hospital was built by Mother Joseph Pariseau in 1893, and served as Whitman County’s hospital until 1968 when it was decommissioned. It has been unused since 2003.
USS Turner Joy is one of 18 Forrest Sherman-class destroyers of the United States Navy. She was named for Admiral Charles Turner Joy USN. Commissioned in 1959, she spent her entire career in the Pacific.
Wellington was a small unincorporated railroad community in the northwest United States, on the Great Northern Railway in northeastern King County, Washington. Founded in 1893, it was located in the Cascade Range at the west portal of the original Cascade Tunnel under Stevens Pass.
We are currently downloading and organizing media from our investigations. Click here to send us your email and get added to the evidence folder for Franklin Lodge #5!